Department | Cross Cultural Competence Learning & Education
Department Cross Cultural Competence Learning & Education
|DELLA PIANA BiceResponsabile Scientifico|
The Research Lab “Cross Cultural Competence Learning & Education” is located in the Department of Management & Innovation Systems - DISA-MIS, University of Salerno.
The "3CLab" aims to promote research and teaching on the following topics: Cultural Intelligence, Cross Cultural Competence and Cross Cultural Management . The “3CLab" is a research lab bridging the gap between local firms and entities (both public and private) and other global realities. Moreover, the "3CLab" is a landmark in research and teaching programs focused on CQ, CCC and CCM: it is the only internal research lab at the University of Salerno supporting students in the CQ self-assessment process and providing cross-cultural adjustment assistance to UNISA Spin-offs during the negotiation process. The "3CLab" also organizes EMBA and MBA Study Tours in Italy for foreign Universities and Business Schools who are willing to adopt a learning method that combines theoretical and practical learning with a full immersion in the Italian business and management culture.
The main research areas are related to the cultural perspective applied to management and entrepreneurship. Of particular interest are the interconnections between these specific topics and other seemingly distant research areas. The following are some examples of topics that can be empowered by the cross cultural perspective at individual, organizational and inter-organizational level: Global Virtual Teams, Decision Support Systems, National Innovation Systems, Social Network Analysis, Family Business, Performance Evaluation, Corporate Reporting System, Healthcare Management, Public Management, Immigration.
The dissemination of the research results occurs through:
- Organization of international conferences, seminars, symposia and workshops
- Publication of the Research Report Series “3CLabRRs”
The Internal Services are provided to University of Salerno, both to its students (italian and foreign) and to its offices. They primarily consist of:
- Cross Cultural Competence assessment
- Analysis of training needs for cultural skills acquirement
- Support activities to Technology Transfer Office and International Relations Office
The main External Service provided to foreign Universities is the planning and implementation of MBA and EMBA Study Tours to and from Italy.
Consulting Activities provided by "3CLab" can be divided into three main areas according to their stakeholders:
- Managers and entrepreneurs: cross cultural competence assessment and consistent specific training.
- Firms: cross-cultural adjustment assistance during the negotiation process; cross cultural training for international markets development employees.
- Public organizations: action planning for managing cultural differences in educational context; cross cultural training of employees.
- Universities and Business Schools: support to internationalization process of degree courses and to the planning process and implementation of Study Tours.
Institute for Cross Cultural Management, Florida Institute of Technology (USA)
Technology Transfer Office, University of Salerno (Italy)
AIX-Marseille School of Management (France)
Adana Science & Technology University (Turkey)
Azienda Agricola San Salvatore (Italy)
Agriconserve Rega (Italy)
Healthware International(Italy, London, Milan, New York, Rome)
Radio Castelluccio (Italy)
Bice Della Piana
Francesca Manes Rossi